I don't know what got into me last night but figured out that we have Exercise TV On-Demand through our cable. I found the channel and much to my surprise, I found Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It is all the rage on the WW Board's and is apparently an ass kicking workout guaranteed that you will lose 20 pounds in thirty days. Well I got everything ready so I had no excuses except laziness and set my alarm for 5A so I could do it.
Bleary eyed and still half asleep, I put on my sports bra and tennis shoes (I sleep in yoga capris and a tank so just wore those to work out in - LOL) and turned it on. I got about 2 minutes into the workout after the warm up and decided it wasn't for me. Our house is old and creaky so jumping jacks at 5:30 (I hit the snooze for a little bit - LOL) in this morning isn't feasible to keep the two others in the house asleep. I then found Leslie Sansone and her Walk Away The Pounds one mile video and for 20 minutes I Walked Away The Pounds. Leslie is a super perky want to hate her in the AM kind of lady and I swear I thought she was a bobble head doll but she pushed and I made it through with a good sweat.
I will say wholeheartedly that it was great to get a workout in and done while everyone else was sleeping. I didn't have to leave the house or make sure that my hair wasn't sticking up. I felt a little clumsy at first but I got the hang of it. I also had enough time to shower, get ready and almost make it downstairs (my closet is in the basement) to get dressed before Jackson woke up. I think if it warms up today that Jackson and I are going to go for a walk. He LOVES being outside and looking at the birds and the trees and telling everyone what things are since he talks all the time. FUN TIMES!!
Also in true WW fashion, I journaled EVERYTHING yesterday and even had 4 points left over for the day. I am doing the old school Winning Points plan so that is a good thing b/c I generally NEVER have points left. I weighed myself this morning and I was 219.5 which isn't as good as it could be but it is better then 222.0 that I saw yesterday. I want to keep up this momentum and keep the scale going down and the walking/exercise endurance going up. In the next few weeks I am going to sign up for a 5K so I have something to work for and no excuses.
And for those following along... still no word on a job. My last day in this assignment is 5/8 so I am hoping to hear something about any of the positions that I have applied for soon. Keep me in mind if you know anyone hiring!!
UPDATE: My sister does not have the jog stroller any more (BOO HISS) but apparently the Towpath is regular stroller friendly so I can use the one that I already have!!
No comments:
Post a Comment