Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another day in paradise

It is cold here. No, I don't thing anyone gets it but it is really freaking cold... a high of 23 and 2-4 inches of snow today COLD. I am tired of it. I want it to warm up enough that I don't have to bundle Jackson up like the little boy from A Christmas Story every time we leave the house. I know this is Ohio and that we will have to go through this every year as long as we are here but come on, give me a little warm front.

When I picked Jackson up at day care yesterday he must have seen me through the window. I had leaned down to get the papers out of his folder and then I heard him whaling. I walked in and said "what's the matter buddy?" and the teacher said "he must know exactly when you come b/c he started saying Momma right before you walked in the door". Poor kid must have thought I wasn't getting him or something. When we were putting on his coat, I got him all excited that we were going to Papa's house and when we got to Papa's, he wasn't home. Jackson cried when we went back down the drive way without getting out so we went to my brother's where Papa was watching the other grand kids. We played with them for a little while and Jackson fell in love with A's three wheel pink scooter and Rex the dog. Rex is a mini dachshund/chihuahua mix so he was just the right size for Jackson. We played for about an hour and then went home. Jackson walked around the yard for a minute (FREEDOM) and then we had a snack and watched Open Season. I had never seen it but it was such a cute movie.

That was our night... pretty boring but fun nonetheless.

No comments: