Just another ho-hum weekend in our lives. I did decide that I am going to blog more about Jackson. I want to keep a journal about the things he is doing and the ways he is changing on a day-to-day basis. He is growing up right before our eyes. He is talking more and more and you can actually understand the things that he is saying. For example, yesterday I was trying to teach him he needs to be gentle with mommy. I was rubbing his hands on my face and not grabbing like he does. We showed daddy and Jackson said "gentle" and rubbed my face on his own. Every day he does something else that melts my heart.
Since Josh got laid off, they are home together three days a week. It is amazing the stuff that Josh is teaching him. Last week Jackson said "love you" to me on the phone and I cried. I love that they have this opportunity to be together but in my heart, I wish it was me home. I feel like I miss out on so much with him since I am working but I know Josh appreciates that he has this time.
So back to the weekend...
Friday night we went to the mall to walk around and get something to eat. While standing in line to get food, Beth and her family spotted us so they sat with us while we ate and then Jackson and Beth's daughter played for a while. I took the kids on the Merry-Go-Round which Jackson did not like at all. I think it was the up and down of the horse that freaked him out so I just held him while we went round. I got sick to my stomach and dizzy. I am not the roller coaster/ride queen I used to be... I am old.
Saturday Jackson got a hair cut so we were up and out at 8:30A. We then went to Marc's to finish grocery shopping for the next two weeks. It was nice to get him out... he was getting a little dusty (LOL) having been in the house a lot lately due to the cold. When we got home, I made an awesome banana bread that both Josh and Jackson loved. Josh has already requested that I make another so I think I am going to do that tomorrow. Around dusk I hear the GY blimp over head so I opened the window so Jackson could see. He was so excited that he saw the "Bimp". He wanted it to stay and would point to the window to see it but it had gone beyond the trees and was gone. He didn't get that. We ended up having to play the video from when my niece went up on the blimp over and over so he could watch. My dad is in the video when they were landing and he kept yelling "Papa bimp". It was so cute! We also had to find some video on You Tube to keep him busy during dinner. Jackson passed out on the couch (which is unheard of) at 7P and slept until 8A on Sunday. I should have taken a picture but I gave up my batteries so he could watch Elmo on his Video Now Jr. I was sitting at the end of the couch and he laid down on his belly with his feet on me and that was all he wrote. It will probably never happen again but it was so cute.
Sunday we stayed home ALL day. I made a Crock pot Rigatoni recipe in the morning and then we just hung out. I think the most excitement that we had was watching Shrek. Oh and we also watched America's Funniest Home Videos and Jackson would say "uh oh" at all the right places. He was so funny!! It is great that my little boy is growing up and is a toddler now but when I look at the baby pics, I miss those days too.
That is all for now... gotta go make myself useful at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment