I believe that we have a great life.
I am blessed in all that I have since there are others out there that are much worse off than we are. I saw on the news this morning that 73,000 homes were foreclosed on in May. Can you imagine how many families that displaced? I think about how fortunate we are all the time to have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs and food in our bellies because of our great jobs. Josh has been off work since March and the company that he works for has been so accommodating. I couldn't ask for better people for him to work with. I am also very fortunate that "my boss" is great too. She is a mom (albeit her kids are my age) and she understands when I need to take off for a Dr's appointment or something with Josh. We are very fortunate to have such great people in our lives.
Jackson was a sweet funny little peanut this morning. He was up from about 2:30 until almost 4A so I thought waking him up for day care was going to be a disaster. When he was up he took a bottle and then couldn't get comfortable on me but every time I put him down he wailed. I did get frustrated at one point and sat him on the couch and quite loudly asked him "what do you want me to do to help you?" but of course I scared him with my louder than normal tone and he cried more. Bring on the mom guilt!! We both fell asleep shortly after that and I put him back in bed around 5A. Poor Josh can't lift him so he couldn't do anything but get bottles and comfort us verbally. I know it kills him that he can't hold Jackson but he is too wiggly for Josh and it hurts his back even more. I regress... we had a great morning. When I changed his diaper/clothes, he kept stretching on the changing table and I was kissing him on the mouth and he kept grinning from ear to ear. He is such a great kid. I love that boy!! Oh and he didn't cry when I left day care this morning. He was playing on the floor with Miss Diane and watched me walk out the door.
Josh did not have an infection in the incision yet but when he went to the Dr's yesterday, the PA had to reopen the site and drain it. He said that hurt worse then anything else that has happened lately. He has been over doing "it" lately and she said he is to be pretty much flat on his back to get better. She also put him on antibiotics just in case.
As for me, I binged last night on Cheez-Its and frozen fruit. I stopped counting points the last few days and my journaling habits are lacking to say the least. I need to get back on the wagon before my butt gets too big and I break the wagon - LOL! I know WW works but you have to work at it which is my problem. UGH - - - I need to find motivation.
No comments:
Post a Comment