Sunday, June 15, 2008

Believe...

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right.
Love the ones who don't just because you can.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Kiss slowly. ♥
Forgive quickly.
God never said life would be easy.
He just promised it would be worth it.

I had a great day today. It was Josh's first Father's Day. Jackson got him a card and cologne and lots and lots of love along with some coughs, sneezes and whiny moments. My dad and Cam (my brother) along with his family came over for a cookout. We had such a nice time. We ate, sat on the porch and chatted and just generally felt like a family. It hasn't been that way in a long time. To make a super long convoluted story short, my sister and brother haven't talked in several years and will not for the foreseeable future. The fun that we used to have when the whole family got together will never be the same in my lifetime unless something tragic happens to bring them back together. I accept that fact and have moved on knowing that I am Switzerland for the sake of my sanity and so that Jackson can have a relationship with his cousins. Any who... we had a great day and I am so glad I got to share it with the important men in my life.

I am sending out the rest of Jackson's b-day invites today and cannot believe that my boy will be one in like 3 weeks. Where has this year gone??

I am very fortunate to have such a great life and I believe that it will only get better.

Oh and I believe that there will be a loss on the scale this week... I ate pretty good this weekend and got some walking in at the mall with Jackson.

No comments: