Tuesday, May 19, 2020
I got a new piece of jewelry yesterday... and I earned it!! (This was written 7 years ago and never published...)
OK... so after my meltdown last night because DH and the kids were not going to come, you girls and my therapists talked me off the ledge. I think I was exhausted and the disappointment just weighed on me. DH and I talked and he agreed to take the kids alone (they were fine) and I went to bed around 1030p. I woke up at 445a and got everything for the kids ready, got dressed, got them up, made my play list, had my protein drink and we were out the door at 545a. They were such troopers!! It only took 20 mins with traffic and we parked in the first open garage we came to. We parked about .25 miles from the Corral and walked over and waited for my friends. On the walk over, I was so panicked we were going to lose Jack in the masses that I stopped and wrote Josh's cell number on his arm. So I found my friends and got several good luck texts from friends/family. I sent Josh and the kids to go stand on the route. I got a text from my dad that he was at mile 2 waiting to see me. I got weepy during the National Anthem and then when we crossed over the start at 7:08a. I ran my ass off. My first mile was under 13 minutes and the next 4 were all under 14. When I past my dad I burst into tears. I was so happy he came out on his 63rd b-day at 630a so he could see me. I ran for about the first 5 miles and took my first brake on a hill. I did really good until Firestone Blvd which is .5+ miles of slow steady hill so I would run a block walk a block. My hands were also swelling pretty bad even though I was taking my salt caps. Around miles 7-8 I walked quite a bit because I just did. My legs felt great but I was just exhausted. The next 3 miles are a blur. I know I did them, but I don't remember much until I saw my BFF around mile 11. I, again, burst into tears! Who knew running was so emotional? I ran/walked until 12.1 (there was a sign that said 1 mile from this point. I tried to run most of the last mile. I did fairly well. The end of the marathon finishes in Canal Park, the Akron Aeros baseball stadium. There is a hill and then the finish line is in the park. I sprinted down the hill and into the finish line. I don't know how my legs did it but they did. I cried when I got my medal and then the first person I saw was my friend Nicole and I burst into tears then too. I got my beer, answered the texts I got while I was running and tried to find my family. I called and texted Josh but his phone had died. I skipped the food tent to find him and my BFF who had made it to the finish to see me. I was starting to panic about Josh/the kids and I got a call from a 330-area code. Josh had luckily bumped into my coworker who let him use her phone. I FOUND MY FAMILY!! They saw me cross the finish line on the jumbotron in the stadium. Jenna about dove into my arms and there were hugs all around. I saw my BFF and we left for the walk back to the car. Josh was having trouble walking so I took the kids to get the car and I couldn't find it in the garage. I ended up one floor higher and hit the panic button to find it. We then went to Chipotle but their credit card machine was down so I went in to pee which I had to do since about mile 2. We went to Jimmy John's instead (probably better for my belly), came home and answered texts/FB posts, ate and napped for 2 hours. My big toe and second toe ache and I have clothing burn from my undies on my butt cheek/groin area but beyond that, I feel great!! I finished in 3 hours 3 mins and 10 secs. I really could not be more proud of myself. I trained, planned and after thinking about it for 10 years, this girl did it!! I wish I could tell the insecure girl that didn't like to run in middle school because the boys liked to watch her boobs bounce that this would eventually be her... it is all worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment