Monday, August 10, 2015

So it's been a while...

And boy life has changed.

Jackson turned 8 in July and Jenna turns 5 in October. They are smart and sweet and caring and have great hearts and are cute as can be. I love my kids. They are why I wake up every day.

On the flipside, I am currently separated from Josh and working towards a disillusionment. It is life. We didn't work. There are two sides to every story. This is one where I am holding my cards without them being seen. It is no one's business. For once, I am keeping my mouth shut. I don't want my kids to know the down and dirty of our business. This is the one time that I have put my happiness in front of my children's happiness. Do I regret it? Not for one second. Do I regret them being hurt in the process? Yes. We are wading through life figuring out our new normal. I live for a challenge. Who knows where I will end up but I will say that I will come out better on the other side.


In July we took our first family of three vacation. The kids and I went to Oceanside NY on Long Island to visit my friend and her family. We had the best time. We went to the ocean and into New York City and on the way back we hit Hershey PA for a chocolate fix. It was a whirlwind five days but it is memories that will last a lifetime.


In five days we drove just over 1000 miles and no one got left on the side of the road. I think it is a win in the books as far as I am concerned.

This past weekend I got to enjoy the World Golf Invitational with a friend. I am lucky that I have never burned bridges and still have connections at every job I have ever had. YIPPEE! It was pretty awesome to be on the 18th watching Shane Lowry win. He was so excited!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/shane-lowry-channels-seve-for-wgc-bridgestone-win-112519317-golf.html

Lastly, I started a deal with myself today that I would workout every day on the treadmill until my birthday, September 25th. I have so much going on in the next few months that I am going to need to wear formal wear for that I need to drop some major lbs. I am currently 237.6. I should probably hide that part of the post but I need to remember... f*ck!! I was down a lot a few years ago.