Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Monday again...well, now it is Tuesday - LOL

We had a FANTASTIC weekend during the day but our nights, well, they sucked!! Jackson and I went to the park and had dinner with friends on Friday night. Josh worked all weekend so Jackson and I had a lot of together time. On Saturday we got up early and went to Target. Jackson needed new summer shoes and we needed a card for a b-day party. He got the cutest little boy sandals because he is NOT a baby any more and wore them all day. We ran an errand for Josh and then Jackson got another hair cut. I swear his hair grows sooo fast! He did so good and played with Marlene's timer under the cape so he sat still. He cracks me up because again, I stress, he is not a baby any more. We then started on our way to the birthday party which was in Mansfield. We watched the trucks and airplanes and motorcycles in fascination. We also stopped at the outlets in Lodi to get the birthday boy some new summer clothes. I know clothes are no fun for a four year old but that is what his mommy said that he needed. All in all we had a great time but my little boy has temper issues and hit me several times so we never got to ride the train at the outlets. He had a really rough night sleep that night and I am not sure why although I think he is maybe getting his molars.

Sunday we hung at home all day because he took a three and a half hour nap - WOOHOO! In the evening we went to Papa's for dinner and then back home to bath and bed for "school" on Monday. VERY LOW KEY and NICE!

Yesterday... well it was great until the night. Ceaser (Papa's dog and BFF) got out through the front gate b/c the landscapers left it open after they mowed the lawn. He called me FRANTIC at 8:30P that Ceaser was gone. I got Jackson out of bed and both Josh and I searched while dad stayed at home and whistled for him. If you know my dad, you know the whistle that I am talking about. When we were kids, we could here him at the end of the block and knew if we weren't home in five minutes then trouble would be ensuing. Ceaser also knows the whistle and knows to come to my dad (or brother who whistles the same way) when called. On my second trip around the neighborhood, I found him a few blocks away in a crappy bar's parking lot at about 9:20 and took him home to dad. I think they were both mentally and physically exhausted from the worry that Ceaser wouldn't find his way back home. My dad was shaking so bad at one point that I thought he was going to collapse. Thank GOD we found the dog and that I went down the right street b/c he was about 20 feet from a major street and could have been very very hurt.

No comments: