Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I am recommitting to WW as of today...

and no this isn't an April Fool's prank.

I am in a "challenge" of sorts called "All Day Every Day" and the rules are:

1. You must journal everything, every day.
- I have a spreadsheet on Google Docs to help me

2. Try to follow the 9 Healthy Guidelines as listed below:
1. Eat at least five servings of vegetables and fruits each day.
2. Choose whole-grain foods, such as brown rice and oats, whenever possible.
3. Include two servings of milk products – low fat (1%) or fat-free – each day.
4. Have 2 teaspoons of healthy oils (olive oil, canola, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed) each day.
5. Ensure that you are getting enough protein by choosing at least a serving or two of lean meats, skinless poultry, fish, beans, soy products, and lentils.
6. Limit added sugar and alcohol.
7. Drink at least 6 8-ounce glasses of liquid a day. The best choice is water.
8. Take a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement each day.
9. Get in at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.(Start with 10 minutes if you’re sedentary now).
- Now I am good on 1, 2, 6, and 7. It is all the others that I need to work on. Some are easier to incorporate than others but I can do it.

3. You may not exceed your 35 WPA ever.- I am doing Winning Points so I get a daily range of points and don't have to worry too much about using my WPA's if I stay at the middle to bottom of the range. The spreadsheet mentioned above tracks everything once I input my food so it is very helpful in keeping me on track.

So this month it is all about me. I tried this back in February and dropped out for lack of journaling. I CAN DO IT!! It is just 30 days, right?? (Thanks for the correction, Nic) I might even post my daily journals...

My goal is to go from 223 to 218 this month. Did I mention that we are hosting and I am cooking Easter dinner? YIKES! I can do it.

2 comments:

Nic said...

It is actually only 30 days. And, YES --- YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I know you can!

Jen said...

LOL - you are right... what was I thinking? Thirty says hath September, April, June and November.