Friday, February 13, 2009

Fun times with "the girl"

We have seen "the girl" three times this week. "The girl" is my niece who's name has been edited b/c her momma wants it that way - LOL!

We went to dinner with her and Papa last Friday night, we went Valentine's Day shopping with her on Monday and then we went to the park/McDonald's with her on Wednesday. She is in first grade now so it is much harder to get some time with her due to all her extra activities but Jackson loves her so much and she him. They just enjoy playing together and even when they are in the car, he wants to hold her hand. It makes me sad to think that he may be an only child b/c he genuinely just has so much love to give. I digress... we went to the park b/c it was 60 degrees on Wednesday. Of course, within 10 minutes of being at the park it started to rain so we had to high tail it to the car. Jackson fought getting into his seat so much that I hurt for him having to put him in there. Rather then call it a day, we (Josh and I) took the kids to McDonald's. We ate and then played in the "PlayPlace" for an hour. I followed Jackson up and down and in and out of the tubes, down the slide, in the airplane/shuttle. OMG was it a workout but so much fun!! I finally gave in and let "the girl" chase him around for a little bit while I got ice cream for the group. She did such a great job with him. I love spending time with the family!!

I am sorry that this is sideways but it is the best that I could do :)

No comments: