In March of 2016, our dissolution was final. Josh and I were great parents and at this time decent friends. It was all amicable. I started dating and swore that I would never be in another serious relationship. I met many guys and had fun "dating" until one old pushy guy swept me off my feet. In June 2016, I met Tim on-line (maybe Plenty of Fish??) and we talked on the phone for a few days and then met up for lunch one day. I didn't think that I was interested after lunch at all. He dropped me off and I took a nap before the kids got home from school. That evening my BFF (at the time) blew up at me for a really REALLY dumb reason and I was a mess. Kids were asleep, I needed pop and cigarettes and couldn't leave the house. He brought them to me. He listened to me cry about someone that I thought was my best friend. Someone who had the nerve to tell me that I am jealous of her life. Nope. Not at all. I was heartbroken... but life goes on. In the grand scheme, if she wouldn't have been a bitch that night, I wouldn't have needed Tim and I may have let him slip through my fingers. Although he did tell me after just a few dates that he loved me and he was going to marry me. Yeah right?!

T
im and I after dinner at Burntwood Tavern. My sweet baby girl started Kindergarten in August of 2016. Jackson grabbed her hand and walked her to her door to make sure that she knew where she was going. My heart was full.
You know it is true love when you new boyfriend takes your daughter two hours away to the American Girl Store for lunch and spoils her rotten.
In November of 2016, Tim took me to meet his mom in LaGrange, KY. While we were there, we took a drive to Louisville so that I could spread some of dad's ashes. He will forever be next to Barbaro who was laid to rest outside of the gates of Churchill Downs.
No comments:
Post a Comment