and I couldn't be happier!!
We put up the tree today and Jackson either put almost all the decorations up by himself or directed us as to where they should go when he couldn't reach. He is such an awesome boy! Jenna sat in her exersaucer and watched us gleefully. I hope that they both enjoy Christmas this year. I am already done with all of the gifts for the kids including stockings except what "they" tell Santa that they want when we have breakfast with Santa at the Akron Zoo in a few weeks. I say "they" because I imagine that Jackson is going to tell Santa what he should bring Jenna.
We are starting several new traditions this year. In no particular order they are:
1) the kids are each buying a present for each other. Jenna bought Jackson a double side Nerf sword that he has coveted every time that we go to Target. Jackson bought Jenna a mini Ladybug Pillow Pet. He was adamant and so excited when he decided that that is what he wanted to get her. I love how big his heart has grown with her in his life.
2) We received a letter in the mail to donate to the local children's hospital. I firmly believe that they saved his life when he was a baby. He was very sick at 6 weeks old with bacterial meningitis and then his sister with a lesser strain of viral meningitis at 3 weeks old. We were talking today about donating as he knows what it is and why we do it since we donated a ton of baby stuff and old clothes to AmVets recently. We are going to take his piggy bank to a CoinStar machine at the grocery store and he is going to donate half of the money that he gets back. He was very proud of this decision and he is so selfless. I am infinitely proud of this decision.
3) We are going to donate roughly a trash bag full of his/her old toys to other boys and girls so that when Santa brings presents, we have somewhere to put them.
4) We are going to give to Toys for Tots and Jackson is going to pick out what we are giving. My heart hopes that he picks something that he would want that he thinks another boy his age would also like to get.
I did Christmas card pics this year and the pics below are the ones that I chose. My friend Nicole took the pictures at the local park and although we are not looking at the camera in some, they are for sure a great example of us as a family.
On a personal note, I am down 34 lbs and have been on plan 103 days straight. Toot-toot!!


No comments:
Post a Comment