Monday, December 15, 2008

We had such a great weekend.

Friday night we stayed in and did NOTHING. Well Josh went out long enough to get himself a bite at McDonald's and get Jackson and I a chocolate shake -YUM! The weather was gross and the roads were crap so we didn't want to take him out in that.

Saturday we went and had breakfast with Santa at day care. Jackson was such a big boy and told Santa (via mom) that he wanted a vacuum cleaner and cleaning supplies for Christmas. He is such a good helper when momma or daddy cleans. We also made magic reindeer food and played with some of the toys in the other classes. Jackson was not happy when we left but we had baking and treat making to do!! We made Cake Balls and Muddy Buddies which we all love. Jackson helped with the Muddy Buddies by shaking them up so that the powdered sugar was coated nicely. He and Josh were also my official taste testers since I had not made either of these delectable delights before. After dinner I went to my mom's and wrapped all nine-million presents she had for the kids. My back is still sore today after wrapping for four hours. I have done this for my mom for a while and I love it. It is great "bonding" time for just her and I that we don't get so much of any more.

Sunday Josh and I went to the movies while Papa watched Jackson. We saw Bolt and plan to buy it for Jackson once it comes out. I got a little misty at the end when I turned to Jackson and said "Buddy is Jackson's Bolt". Josh thought I was nuts because he is not fond of Buddy but Jackson loves Buddy. He even hugs and kisses him all the time. They are BFF's in a dog/boy kind of way.

Last night after Jackson went to bed, I decided that it was time to get his kitchen out (thanks Grandma Cindy) and put it together so that we could make sure all the pieces were there and also so we didn't have to do it on X-mas Eve. I was going to do it all alone because Josh and I usually don't have a good time when we put things together together. I asked him to help me sort through everything and then WE put it together with NO fighting. It was a X-mas miracle - LOL! It look just under 3 hours to get the whole thing together but it is so cute and I know Jackson is going to LOVE IT so much.

Ok... it is Monday and I have to work. Oh the humanity.... LOL!

No comments: