We took Jackson to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo on Sunday since it was a beautiful day. Jackson got a zoo pass from Uncle Cam, Aunt Kara, Alex & Abbie for his birthday. Josh and I were chatting about day trips to other zoos that we could take and Jackson was snoozing in the back seat. I was completely into the conversation and didn't realize that I was going down a hill on 77N at 79 MPH in a 60 MPH zone. Well the cop that was posted at the bottom of the hill clocking speed noticed. CRAP! Lord knows we can't afford a ticket so I was honest with him and said we were talking and I wasn't paying attention since we were coming down a hill and hoped that the cute sleeping kid in the back and my honesty would get me off with a warning. IT DIDN'T. Fifteen minutes and one speeding ticket later, we were on our way to the zoo.
We ended up having a great time and I think Jackson liked it. He really enjoyed, of all things, the sea gulls that were walking around where we were eating lunch/dinner. He is also such a people watcher and loves other kids. We took the train through the Australian Adventure which I thought would scare him since the train was loud but he sat on my lap and watched the kangaroos and people go by. We walked under the mist sprayers to cool off since it was hot in the sun and he wasn't too thrilled about that but it did feel really good. There were so many kids that just stood under the misters and got soaked to the bone. No way! It is too much walking to do to hear my kid say anything about his wet clothes and or the chafing that it probably causes. Those poor parents for not reigning them in and then listening to them whine. The things I have to look forward to as a parent.
Oh and the ticket will end up costing $155.00. RIP OFF!
No comments:
Post a Comment